city at night

city at night

Monday, August 13, 2018

Coming Attractions - Xalapa



This weekend Alejandro and I spent the weekend in the capital of the state of Veracruz, the city of Xalapa.  (It is also spelled Jalapa, and it gave its name to the jalapeño pepper.  That is the spelling with which I have always been more familiar.  I will use that instead of the official spelling with an "X".)  I have mentioned in previous posts my friend Irma who was born in Jalapa.  She happens to be currently spending time in her old hometown, and she said that we should come for a visit.  It has been a long time since I have been Jalapa, and we had a couple of very busy but wonderful days with Irma, her nephew, and his wife.  In the next few days I will be writing about our experiences in this misty, verdant city sitting at the foot of the mountains.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely city with a magnificent museum. Enjoy.....oh, and good food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to reading more, I have long wanted to visit Xalapa.

    ReplyDelete