city at night

city at night

Monday, August 28, 2017

Another Birthday Party

On Saturday Alejandro and I went to his aunt's house to celebrate the birthday of Felipe, one of her grandsons.

Alejandro's aunt made "pozole", a traditional soup made with pork and hominy and garnished with raw onions, shredded cabbage and radishes.


Then there were home-made tamales, made by Felipe's mother.  And of course there was a birthday cake.  Mexican cakes always look so much prettier than typical birthday cakes in the United States!



Here are Felipe and his sister and parents.


At gatherings such as this my brain is struggling to keep up with the rapid-fire conversations going on all around me, and I end up looking something like a quiet wallflower.  I also struggle to keep track of Alejandro's extended family, but slowly I am starting to keep their names straight.  Nevertheless it was a fun evening with delicious food and warm hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment