city at night

city at night

Friday, July 7, 2017

Going Home

Yesterday I returned home to Ohio after a month in Mexico City.  

As I mentioned in my last post, the departure time for my Interjet flight from Mexico to Chicago had been pushed up by a half hour to 7:20 AM.  I really think the change was due to the amount of air traffic at that time.  The plane left the gate on time, but we waited on the runway for a half hour for our turn to take off.  So we arrived in Chicago at about the same time as originally scheduled, around 11:30 AM.

The flight was not too crowded, although, as luck would have it, all three seats in my half of the row were occupied.  But, as I have said before, with the additional legroom on Interjet planes, it was still a comfortable trip.  A light meal was served... a tasty turkey and cheese sandwich on a croissant, a package of cookies, and a beverage.  Nothing fancy, but more than you get on the U.S. carriers.

I zipped through immigration and customs.  No wait at all!  I spent more time waiting for my luggage than I did at immigration.   

I had a several hour layover in Chicago, but once again I used one of the passes that I get through my credit card for admission to the United Club.  The time was spent comfortably there with free food.  My United flight to Cleveland left on time and arrived a bit ahead of schedule.

It was a long day, but relatively stress free.



No comments:

Post a Comment