city at night

city at night

Sunday, July 9, 2017

End of the School Year

My departure from Mexico coincided more or less with the end of the school year in Mexico.  Alejandro's nephew just completed the first grade. The Monday before I left, I was invited to join Alejandro and his family at the ceremony held by the school.

The event was held at a nearby theater.  It began with an elaborate presentation of the Mexican flag and the singing of the national anthem.  (I couldn't join in the singing since all I know of the lyrics is the first line... "Mexicanos al grito de guerra".)


Each grade presented a dance performance.


In between the dances, certificates were presented to outstanding students.  Alejandro's nephew is a very bright, little boy.  He received awards for Spanish, mathematics and English!


I felt very honored to share this occasion with the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment