city at night

city at night

Monday, October 31, 2016

On the Road to Victory

On Friday Alejandro and I went out for supper, and the World Series game was playing on the TV.  I let it be known that I was from Cleveland, and one of the waiters was teasing me that Chicago was going to win.  As it turned out, even though the Cubs had the home field advantage, the Indians eked out a 1-0 win, giving Cleveland a 2 to 1 lead in the series.

Over the weekend Alejandro and I went to a family event near the city of Celaya, so I was unable to watch Saturday night's game.  At the hotel on Sunday morning, I looked at the Celaya newspaper, and read that Indians had won Game 4.


The headline reads, "Indians, one away from winning the World Series."  The article says that Cleveland "conquered before a sad and silent Wrigley Field."

I didn't get back to my apartment in Mexico City until around 10:00 PM on Sunday evening, so I missed that game also.  I found out that Chicago stayed alive and won Game 5.  Next the Series returns to Cleveland, and the Indians need only to win one out of two games to capture the Series in front of the home-town crowd.  

No comments:

Post a Comment