from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

It's a Mess

Last night when Alejandro took me to the apartment where I am staying, we got to within a half block of the building on Amsterdam Avenue when we discovered that the street was  blocked with orange barricades.  He had to back up the car for a block, then go around, and finally drive the wrong way on the one way street for half a block in order to reach the apartment. 

This morning I was better able to see just what is going on.   The cross street (Calle Popcatépetl) just a few doors from the apartment is all torn up, and it appears that they are putting in new sewers.




 (I have no clue as to the meaning of "Yoccalli" written on the barricades.)

So, my usually pleasant neighborhood is a mess.  I will be here for a little more than three weeks.  It will be interesting to see if they complete the work in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment