zocalo

zocalo

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Construction Postscript

There was one construction project that I should have included in my last post, but I was on the wrong side of the street to take a good photo.  Today I was walking on the OTHER side of the avenue and saw a good spot for a picture.

The project in question is yet another building of luxury condos.  It is called "La Torre Havre" (it is located on the corner of Insurgentes and Havre), and when completed it will be 16 stories high with 30 apartments.  It is very modern in design, but the facade of an old art deco building has been incorporated into the design.  (You'll remember, I said that facades of buildings of historic or artistic value must be preserved.)

I have written about this construction project before.  If you have a really good memory, you might remember these photos that I posted in January of 2022...



Someone with a strange sense of humor had put a giant pair of female legs in high heels and fishnet stockings on the ledge of the art deco building.

Well, the legs are no longer there, but the ultra-modern design is starting to take shape above the older facade.



No comments:

Post a Comment