flowers

flowers

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Getting Ready for Easter

Because Alejandro's birthday is in April, for years Easter has coincided with one of my frequent trips to Mexico City.  I would always buy plastic Easter eggs, wrapped candies and a funny Easter basket to pack in my suitcase.  On Easter morning we would have an Easter egg hunt for Alejandro's nephew Ezra.

Well, now I live in Mexico City.  Even though Easter eggs and Easter baskets are foreign to the celebration of a religious holiday in Mexico, it seems that those customs have filtered down from north of the border.  At Walmart I now see the plastic eggs, and containers to hold the eggs.

I asked Ezra if he still wanted to have an Easter egg hunt, and even though he is now an adolescent, he said "yes" without hesitation.  So, I went to the nearby Walmart a couple days ago to buy to Easter supplies.  They don't have traditional Easter baskets, but there were clear containers shaped like a chick that were filled with plastic eggs.


Surprisingly, I had a harder time finding candy.  There were plenty of bags of candy, but not many of them were individually wrapped.  I finally found a bag of wrapped caramels.

Later today we will head to Alejandro's family's house.  After Ezra has gone upstairs to bed, we will fill the eggs with candy and hide the eggs around the house in preparation for Easter morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment