from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, March 9, 2024

A New Piece of Furniture

I told you in an earlier post that I was having a piece of furniture custom made at a workshop not too far from Alejandro's family's house.  I'm not sure exactly what you would call it... perhaps a credenza.  It was delivered to the house.  Fortunately, it was small enough to fit in Alejandro's car, and we were able to take it to the apartment.  It fits in perfectly with the black-framed mirror that I had shipped from Ohio, and with the black furniture in that half of the room.



On top of it, I placed the abstract copper vase that I bought at the furniture and home decor exposition at the World Trade Center a while ago.  On the shelves I have some decorative plates from Mexico and Spain.  The little buildings were something I purchased many years ago on a trip to Rio de Janeiro.  They are replicas of actual houses along a colonial street in that city.

I am very pleased with their work, and I intend to order another piece of furniture... a low table for houseplants to put in front of the living room windows.  

2 comments: