zocalo

zocalo

Monday, January 1, 2024

A New Year - A New Calendar

Welcome to 2024!

My readers know that each year I make a calendar featuring photos that I have taken.  I created my 2024 calendar long before I made the move to Mexico, and so it is now hanging on the wall of my office in my new home. The theme of this year's calendar is Mexican art.  I went through my computer files of pictures and selected photos that I had taken of murals and paintings in museums and at art exhibits.


 

The month of January features a painting by Roberto Cueva del Río (1908-1988) entitled "Market at Taxco".  Taxco is an old silver mining town along the highway from Mexico City to Acapulco, and is one of the country's most picturesque, colonial cities.  


 

Roberto Cueva del Río did many landscapes and portraits, but he is best known as a muralist.  Among his most important works are the murals in the Mexican Embassy in Washington, D.C.

Best wishes to all my readers for a happy new year!

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

6 comments:

  1. I’m going to hang my beautiful calendar today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. I hung my calendar in the apartment before I left for Alejandro's house on January 30th. However, we still have to hang the calendar I gave to Alejandro's family.

      Delete
  2. I hope you and Alejandro have a happy, healthy and wonderful New Year!
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gayle. It has not started off so healthily. I finally caught the bug that the rest of the family had for Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year!

    -Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Scott. Hope the new year brings lots of good things your way!

      Delete