city at night

city at night

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Work on the Painting

In my last post, I wrote about the landscape that I was going to paint for a charity auction in April.  Well, I have been working hard on it, and I am almost half-way finished.  It is a fairly large canvas... 24" x 30".  As I said before, it is a picture of Pico de Orizaba, the tallest mountain in Mexico.



As I always do, first I did a rough sketch of the subject with gray paint.  However, after I had started painting, I realized that I had placed the buildings in the foreground (the ruins of an abandoned hacienda) much too low on the canvas.  So, I have already started to raise them higher.  But they are a bit too high, so I am using artistic license and adding a dirt path and a stone wall at the bottom.

Hopefully, if I continue working at this rate, I will have finished the painting in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment