I have written a couple of posts this month about the painting that I will donate to a charity auction in April. For the last week I have been working diligently on the project. Last night I finished the painting. Well, almost finished... I still have to apply a coat of varnish and hook up a wire for hanging.
So here it is...
If you look carefully at the photo that I used (posted earlier this month), you will see numerous differences. Artistic license, you know. The coloration is also different from the photo (the actual painting is much brighter than what you see here). Chalk that up, I suppose, to the fact that I am mildly color-blind. People have commented that they can immediately recognize my style by how bright and vivid my paintings are. That might be a result of my vision problem.
I'm pretty satisfied with the way it turned out, and I hope it brings in some cash for the auction.