city at night

city at night

Monday, March 14, 2016

More Stuff for the Auction

The painting that I am donating to the annual charity auction of the Ohio chapter of "Los Amigos de las Américas" is set to go.  I have applied a coat of varnish and attached a wire to the back for hanging.

Now I am sorting through some other things that I will donate.  During the course of my travels to Mexico, I always pick some small handicrafts for their silent auction.

These are some of the items that I purchased...


In the more touristy areas of Mexico City you will always find women sitting on the sidewalk selling these small handmade dolls.




I bought this small embroidered purse from Oaxaca at the Ciudadela Handicraft Market in Mexico City.




I found this lovely beaded ornament at the gift shop in Mexico City's Anthropology Museum.  It is an example of the handiwork of the Huichol tribe.




This exquisite lacquer plate is from the town of Olinalá in the state of Guerrero.  I found it at the Ciudadela Market.

2 comments:

  1. All beautiful items! I especially like the purse......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy shopping in the handicraft markets and stores in Mexico. But I have an overabundance of things at home that I have bought on my travels. This is a way that I can enjoy shopping without accumulating more stuff.

      Delete