city at night

city at night

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Hyacinths

After our mild winter this year, the spring flowers continue to make an earlier than usual appearance.  It isn't even April yet, and the hyacinths are blooming.



The deer have also started to use my flower beds as their own personal salad bar.  They don't seem to be interested in the hyacinths or the daffodils, but they have been grazing on the tender leaves of the day lilies that are sprouting.   Time to get out the deer repellant. 

4 comments:

  1. The flowers in front of my deck are English wood hyacinths and they usually bloom before my regular hyacinths. Thanks to our warm winter, my regular hyacinths are now blooming as well.
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle, those wood hyacinths in front of your house are really pretty. I will have to look for some bulbs this fall.
      By the way, I'm glad that you were able to successfully comment this time.

      Delete
  2. Instead of using my normal browser, Firefox, I used Explorer.
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that Firefox doesn't work that well with my desktop, but, on the other hand, Firefox works better with the mini-laptop that I use when I travel.

      Delete