flowers

flowers

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Souvenir Shopping

Of course, I had to buy some Cleveland souvenirs to take back to my Mexican family.  I wanted to buy some tee shirts commemorating the total eclipse.  A shop in the suburb of Lakewood that specializes in Cleveland-themed clothing was recommended as a place where I might find some shirts.  I went there on Monday, hoping that they would still have some.

The store, GV Art + Design, is a cool place with a wide variety of apparel.  They still had a few eclipse tee shirts, and I bought several of this design as gifts and for myself...


The image in the center is of one of the monumental "Guardians of Traffic" sculptures on Cleveland's Hope Memorial Bridge which crosses the Cuyahoga River.  (The new name of the former Cleveland Indians Baseball team, the Guardians, is a reference to these statues.)  On this tee shirt, one of the Guardians is pictured wearing glasses to view the eclipse.

I could not resist buying this hilarious tee shirt...


Clevelanders always joke that if you don't like the weather here, just wait a while because it will change.   That was very true on this trip.  I experienced snow, rain, high winds and some beautiful days of sun and warm temperatures during my two-week stay here.


2 comments:

  1. Those were a great souvenirs! Nice score for Mr. Super Shopper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever need some Cleveland souvenirs, the place is located on Detroit Ave. in Lakewood.

      Delete