flowers

flowers

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Back to Ohio


Since before Easter my bags have been packed in preparation for a trip back to Ohio tomorrow.  I will be one of more than a million people who will travel to the Cleveland area to see the total eclipse of the sun next Monday.  However, beyond seeing the eclipse, the trip will give me a chance to see many of my friends.  My social calendar is filled for every one of the 14 days that I will be up there.  I know that there are some friends that I will not have time to see; they will be on my list for my next visit to Ohio.

It will seem very strange to travel to Ohio, not as a resident returning home, but as a tourist.  Part of the time I will stay in a hotel.  (The Red Roof Inn near the Cleveland Airport is one of the few that did not jack up their rates for the eclipse event.)  Some nights I will stay with friends.  The new owners of my former house have even invited me to stop by for a short visit.  It will seem especially surreal to go back to the house where I lived for more than 65 years!

More than five months have passed since I moved to Mexico.  That's the longest stretch of time that I have not been on a plane since the pandemic.  Tomorrow morning, I will leave Alejandro's family's house and go to Mexico City International Airport for the first leg of my journey.  My next post will be from north of the border!   

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels! I'm also headed to the Cleveland area for the eclipse. Fingers crossed for clear skies on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meredith. Arrived safely in Ohio on Thursday. The forecast is hopeful... morning clouds with the skies clearing in the afternoon.

      Delete