flowers

flowers

Saturday, April 13, 2024

International Dining

This trip to Ohio was not only an opportunity to see the eclipse, but also to visit friends up here.  It has definitely not been a trip conducive to dieting because practically every day I have been going out to eat.  The restaurants have represented a variety of international cuisines.

After spending several days with Duffy and Carlos, I went on to visit my friends Cliff and Jeramie.  During the time that I spent with them, we went out to "Das Schnitzel Haus"... obviously a restaurant that specializes in German food.  It is one of their favorite places, and I like it also.  The food is good, and the portions are very generous.  I always leave the restaurant with a full tummy.


Cliff (left) and his husband Jeramie


I joined my cousin Gail and her husband Wes for dinner at "Barroco", a restaurant which specializes in "arepas", a typical food of Colombia and Venezuela.  An "arepa" is a patty made of corn flour with a stuffing.  I had an "arepa" filled with "ropa vieja", a shredded beef dish. It was very tasty, especially with the sauces that they have on the table.  I like the spicy peanut sauce best of all.



Yesterday, I got together with my friends Nancy and Fred.  We usually go to a Mexican restaurant called "Dos Coronas" which is not far from their house.  Most Mexican restaurants up here are not that authentic... more Tex-Mex than genuine Mexican.  However, "Dos Coronas" has an excellent Aztec soup, and their "carnitas" (pieces of braised pork) have an authentic flavor.  Their portions are enormous. I made the mistake of ordering a bowl of soup instead of a cup (the soup is thick with chicken and avocados) in addition to "carnitas".  I was not able to finish everything, which is unusual for me.


I am now staying at the home of my friend and former colleague, Katie.  The international tour of food will continue because we are going to a Japanese steak house tonight.

Lots of good food, but even more importantly, the good company of dear friends! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment