flowers

flowers

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Gifts to Myself

I have purchased a bunch of souvenirs to take home as gifts for others, but I have also bought a couple of things for myself.  Even though my house is full of Mexican handicrafts, I can never resist buying some more.


I found this lacquered gourd in a museum gift shop.  I already have a couple similar to it on the bookshelf in my bedroom.  This one is larger, and will look nice with the other two.



I love woodcarvings, and I have quite a collection from Mexico and other countries.  This carving is of a Mayan man from the town of Chamula in the southern state of Chiapas.  I found it at the FONART store not too far from my apartment.  FONART is a government sponsored agency that promotes Mexican handicrafts.  Their store is a treasure trove of high quality items.  

I think that I am now done with my souvenir shopping.

Well, maybe...



No comments:

Post a Comment