city at night

city at night

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Who Is That Masked Man?

Today was my once-a-week foray out of the house to go to the supermarket.  I wore my home-made mask.


In the early stages of this pandemic, the medical community said that wearing a mask was of little use, and then they suddenly changed their mind.  So I created a mask which I think might be better than the flimsy masks I see some people wearing.  It did not require any sewing, and I had all the materials at home.  I took a bandana and folded it around a couple sheets of paper toweling.  At each side I attached a rubber band with a binder clip.  The rubber bands go securely around my ears.  At the bottom of the bandana I used a couple more binder clips to close the gap under my chin.  I wear my glasses over the bandana, and that seems to close the gap around my nose. 

Hopefully this will protect me from the occasional person at the grocery store who is oblivious to the concept of social distancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment