city at night

city at night

Friday, April 3, 2020

Letting It Grow




Ever since I retired, about 14 years ago, I have been shaving my head.  My hair is thinning, my hairline receding, and my hair when it grows out is curly and unruly.  I figured I would look better, and, oddly enough, younger if I just shaved it all off.  Even before I retired for several years I had been buzz-cutting it very short.  I haven't been to a barber in a couple decades.    

Since beginning my self-isolation a couple weeks ago, I decided to just let it go and see how much hair is still up there.  In the somewhat blurry attempt at a selfie above, I think you can make out the bit of fuzz covering the top of my pate and the thicker hair on the side.  I am still shaving my face and trimming my goatee, but I am going to allow my hair to grow for as long as the stay-at-home rule is in effect.  (Here in Ohio that has been extended until at least May 1st.)  I am hoping that this crisis does not last so long that I have hair down to my shoulders.  I'll look like an aging hippie!  Even as a teen-ager in the "flower child" era of the 60s and 70s I never let my hair grow that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment