city at night

city at night

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Small Triumphs

It is a rather pathetic indication of how much our lives changed in such a short time.  It is now a source of excitement when we can find certain products in the supermarket... products such as toilet paper, paper towels or disinfectant cleaning products.


Judging by my latest trip to the store this past Sunday, I am cautiously optimistic that some of those shortages are easing.  Admittedly, I was at the store shortly after it opened, so I don't know if they were able to restock as the day progressed.  However I found products that I have not seen for the last several weeks.

There was a decent stock of toilet paper, and not just the off-brands that I have occasionally seen, but brand names such as Charmin.  Fortunately, I have not been in need of TP.   I already had a good supply, but shortly before the hording frenzy began, I made a routine trip to Sam's Club.  Whenever I go there, a large package of toilet paper is always on my list.  So I probably have enough to last me through most of the year.

I had also bought a large package of paper towels at Sam's, but I was fearful of running out of that long before TP.  The supermarket also had a fair amount of paper towels, and again they had some brand-name products.  I usually buy Bounty, but they had six packs of Scott Paper Towels.  They even had the towels that are perforated so that you can tear off a smaller sheet.  That is what I prefer.  

Going down the aisle of household cleaning products, I saw for the first time some disinfectant items that I had not seen for awhile.  The previous week they had a stack of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes.  That is not something that I usually buy, but I picked up a container.  I have been using them to wipe down the door knobs and cupboard handles after going to the store.  This time they had Soft Scrub with bleach, a product I use for cleaning the toilet, shower, and sinks.  I still could not find the Windex multi-purpose disinfectant spray that I use on the counters.  I still have an unused bottle of that, so perhaps that will reappear on the shelves before I run out.  

I suppose that the real indication that the shortages are over will be when we can find hand sanitizer again!

Pathetic, right?  I have just written an entire blog entry about things that we always took for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment