city at night

city at night

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

If Only...

If only this damnable pandemic were not raging across the globe...

Today I would be on a plane headed back for another month in Mexico City...

Tomorrow I would be taking the Metrobus to the nearby supermarket, and then preparing dinner for Alejandro's family (probably his nephew's favorite dish... meatballs)...

On Friday we would be celebrating Alejandro's birthday.  Since his birthday falls on Good Friday this year, he would have had the day off from work, and we could have gone somewhere during the day.  Then in the evening we would have birthday cake and sing "Las Mañanitas" and open presents...

On Sunday while most of the family was at Easter mass, I would be filling plastic eggs with candy and hiding the eggs around the house.  When they returned from church Alejandro's nephew would have an Easter egg hunt...

For the next month I would be writing on my blog about all my experiences in Mexico City...

IF ONLY...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the virus causing the snafu on your trip plans. Hopefully this will pass and we can be at a 'new normal' whatever and whenever that turns out to be. I saw a quote from Dr. Fauci today that he 'foresees the end of handshakes'; Wow, what will that mean for abrazos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am beginning to think that I might have to cancel my planned trip in August also. The virus in Mexico seems to be a month or so behind the U.S., so even if things have settled down here, I am not sure that it will be safe to go down there.

      Delete