city at night

city at night

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

The Christmas Card Revealed

Every year, my Christmas card, which is of a painting that I have done, is a secret until the cards have been sent.  I always take my cards to the post office the day after Thanksgiving, so I am pretty confident that everyone on my list has received it.  I have even heard from several of my European cousins that it has arrived.

So here is my card for Christmas 2020...


This is a painting that I did of Lake Halwill in Switzerland.  In summer of 2019 I met up with my cousin Gail and her husband Wes in Switzerland so that I could introduce them to our Swiss relatives.  Our cousin Werner took us for a boat ride on this lake which is not far from our ancestral town.  I used one of the photos which I took and reimagined it as a winter scene for this painting.

To all of my readers, I wish

a very happy holiday season,

and may 2021 be much better!

¡Feliz Navidad!

Fröliche Weihnachten!


2 comments:

  1. That day was only one which gave us such wonderful and happy memories of our ancestral homeland! It's one of my favorite cards of yours. It makes me happy just to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like the card.
      That day on Lake Halwill was beautiful... and unlike the previous time Werner took me out on the lake, we were able to see the Alps!

      Delete