from airplane

from airplane

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Fudge Time

 Although this is going to be far from a typical Christmas, there are some traditions that must continue.  One of them is making home-made fudge.  I have been doing it for years... maybe decades.  Although I haven't made as much this year as I normally make, I still did six pans.


The fudge itself is quite easy to make.  Probably the most time-consuming part is to cut it into squares after it has cooled, and pack it into gift boxes lined with wax paper.  So far I have delivered four of the six boxes.  In this era of social distancing, it has simply been a matter of ringing the doorbell, handing them the box of fudge, wishing them a "Merry Christmas", and then be on my way.

When I delivered the chocolate goodies along with another present to my cousin Gail, she had a gift bag for me.  It was filled with cookies and chocolates imported from Germany.


I rarely have sweets in the house, but when I do I tend to be a piggy.  I doubt that these are going to make it to Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment