from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Where's the Honey?

It's an interesting experience each time I go to the supermarket to see what is and what is not on the shelves.  Yesterday I was shocked to find a large supply of hand sanitizer.  It was an off-brand, and it only contained 62% alcohol.  (If I remember correctly, they are recommending that you use a sanitizer with an alcohol content of at least 70%)  I still have some at home, and I wash my hands with soap and water, so I didn't bother grabbing a couple bottles.

What I have not been able to find for the last two weeks, and I do not understand why, is honey.  Many evenings after dinner, when I crave something sweet, I have been spooning a large dollop of peanut butter into a small bowl, and pouring some honey on top.  I am out of honey, but there is none to be found in the store.  A friend suggested that I use maple syrup instead.  I went ahead and splurged on the real thing, rather than "maple-flavored" syrup.



I tried it out last night, and it was good, although I still prefer honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment