from airplane

from airplane

Sunday, May 10, 2020

More from my Kitchen

During my time in isolation I have been looking at recipes on the internet.  My goal has not been to follow them to the letter, but to simply use them as inspiration.  I look for dishes that would be easy to prepare, and which do not require a bunch of ingredients that I otherwise wouldn't use.  And I like to make one-dish meals that I can throw together in one pot or pan.

I found a dish called "olive chicken" that I followed basically only for its sauce.

I sautéed a half of a sliced red onion in a large frying pan, then added a can of diced tomatoes (undrained) and a can of tomato paste.  I sliced green olives with pimentos and black olives and added them to the mixture and seasoned it with oregano and basil.  

Instead of using this sauce on chicken breasts, I threw in shredded, cooked chicken breast and cooked pasta.


It turned out quite tasty.  I will be having leftovers this evening for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment