city at night

city at night

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Sadly, It's Time to Go Home

Unfortunately, tomorrow I must return to Trumpland.  Today I have to pack my bags.  I bought quite a bit of stuff on this trip, so I hope that my big suitcase will be under the 50 pound limit.  I am also wondering what it will be like going through immigration and customs.  Houston has been generally been quite quick and efficient, but will there be hassle and chaos now with the Pendejo-in-Chief in charge?  We shall see.

At least I can look forward to returning to Mexico in two months when I begin my experiment in being a "semi-ex-pat".  I will be renting the apartment that I saw earlier on this trip.  It will be exciting having a new "home-away-from-home" and getting acquainted with a new neighborhood.  However, I do have to say that I will miss the neighborhood of Condesa where I have been staying for the last several years.  I have felt very comfortable here, and there are so many great restaurants within walking distance.  Of course there will be plenty of restaurants near my new place, but I have a feeling that more of them will be rather run-of-the-mill chain restaurants.   In any event, since the new apartment has a larger, better equipped kitchen, I will be doing less eating out.  Dining at a restaurant every night has not been good for the waistline.


   ¡Hasta pronto, México!

No comments:

Post a Comment