city at night

city at night

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Another Taco Joint

In Mexico City there are countless "taquerías", not to mention the taco stands on the street.  Happily they still far outnumber the McDonald's and the Starbucks here!

The other day I tried out another "taquería" that is just a few blocks from my apartment.  It is called "Punto Taco", and it's located in the "Roma Norte" neighborhood on Alvaro Obregón Avenue. 


I guess I was first attracted by the funny phrases painted over the doorways, such as "You are the tortilla of my taco."


The place does not serve "tacos al pastor"... the tacos filled with pork sliced from a vertical rotisserie.  However they do have 15 different varieties of fillings plus some daily specials.  I ordered one of the packages... three tacos plus a beverage for 70 pesos (less than $3.50 US)
There is a bar with a variety of salsas, and extra toppings and sides.  I selected "cochinita pibil" (Yucatan-style pork), "tinga de pollo" (Puebla-style chicken in sauce) and "rajas con crema y papas" (strips of Poblano chiles in sour cream with potatoes).


All three were very tasty, and what I really liked about the place is that they are very generous with the fillings.  Three tacos here make a very filling lunch.    

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. I'm so jealous! Buen provecho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, but tomorrow it is back to the U.S. (aka Trumplandia).

      Delete