city at night

city at night

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I'm Home

I am back home in cold, snowy Ohio, wishing that I were still in warm, sunny Mexico City.

My journey home went very smoothly.  My flight from Mexico City to Houston was going to be delayed by five hours... meaning that I would miss my connection to Cleveland.  Fortunately, I had arrived at the airport early enough that they were able to put me on an earlier flight out of Mexico City.  The plane was not crowded; I had the entire section of three seats to myself!  I sat by the window, and from the runway I could see the two volcanoes, Popocatepetl and Iztaccíhuatl, which are usually obscured by air pollution.  As we took off I was able to see two of Mexico's other major mountains, La Malinche and Pico de Orizaba, the country's tallest peak.  Darn, I didn't think to take out my camera and take some pictures!

Upon arrival in Houston, for the first time I didn't have to wait in line at all at customs, and going back through security went very quickly and smoothly.  I did have a long layover in Houston, but my flight to Cleveland was two thirds empty, and once again the two seats next to me were vacant.  I wonder if Tuesday might not be the best day of the week for air travel!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to see you leaving DF amigo. I was enjoying your jaunts through your blog. It brought back a lot of memories. All good ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gary. I will be back. In fact, come January I will be escaping the winter. I'll be in Oaxaca for 2 weeks, and then DF for 3 weeks.
      ¡Saludos!
      Bill

      Delete
  2. Thought of you on the 17th and traveling in the winter weather. Glad you're home, safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. It is unseasonably cold and snowy here. But we only have an inch or two of snow... nothing compared to what they have in Buffalo!
      ¡Saludos!

      Delete