from airplane

from airplane

Friday, April 11, 2014

The celebrating... and the eating... continue!

Yesterday was Alejandro's birthday.  I went with him to the office because I figured the day would be more about eating than working.  Sure enough, one of his office friends arrived with a cake, and we had a mid- morning coffee and cake break. 

 Carrot cake with a "Pitufo" (Smurf) candle

Another friend had suggested that we go out to eat that afternoon.  We went to a place called Casa Merlos.  Like Angelopolitano, the restaurant where Alejandro and I ate the night before, Casa Merlos also specializes in the cuisine of the city of Puebla.  The food was excellent, although we both thought that Angelopolitano is better.  Alejandro had chicken in a peanut mole, and I had pork with peanut mole.



After a leisurely meal at Casa Merlos, we drove back to the office.  Alejandro put in a few more hours of work, and then we drove to his parents' house.  There we had another cake, and the traditional singing of "Las Mañanitas" (which is Mexico's birthday song).  


                                           It was a fun... and calorie filled... day!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds deliciously celebratory! One of those was a carrot cake, my favorite. I can always say I ate my vegetables.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! And the other cake was topped with berries so we had a serving of healthy fruits also!

      Delete