from airplane

from airplane

Thursday, February 13, 2014

I'm home

My flights yesterday all went smoothly, and I arrived in Cleveland as scheduled at 6:30 P.M.  There are several inches of snow on the ground, and the temperature at this moment is 12 degrees Fahrenheit.  However, the sun is shining, and it's supposed to go up to a balmy 31 degrees today.  It seems hard to believe that the long awaited trip is over; the forty one days in sunny and warm Mexico flew by.  

Soon, however, I will be planning my next trip.  I will fill you in on the details later, but I will tell you now that my next adventure will be to somewhere other than Mexico.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home! I'm wondering: have you been to Mexicali? I'm going to be in the San Diego area in a few weeks, and I'm thinking Mexicali might be a better city for a day trip into Mexico than Tijuana (i.e., safer, less seedy, shorter lines to cross back into the US, etc.). Do you have any recommendations for things to do/sights to see there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith,
      Sorry, but I have never been to Mexicali or any of the border towns. If you have not been to Mexico before, PLEASE do not judge the country by the border towns. I looked in one of my guide books, and it describes Mexicali as "gritty, authentic, even scary". If I were you, I would check Trip Advisor (there is a link to it here on my blog) and see what they have to say about safety and places to see in Mexicali. Have a good trip!
      ¡Saludos!

      Delete
    2. That's OK. I thought it couldn't hurt to ask, just in case you had been there. I'll check out Trip Advisor.... ¡Gracias!

      Delete