from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Guilty Pleasure

As if I need another source of yummy food, I have found a wonderful little bakery just a short walk from my apartment.  It's called "Victoria", and it's located on the other side of Parque España from my place.  Even though I fix myself a hearty breakfast each morning, around 10:00 when I venture out from the apartment, my route always seems to pass by this bakery.   I go in and purchase three little goodies which I consume as I continue down the street.

"Hey, I'm doing a lot of walking each day," I tell myself to justify the extra calorie intake.



2 comments:

  1. Have you been to the Pasteleria Suiza? It's located at Parque España 7, Condesa, Cuauhtémoc, and has yummy, yummy stuff.

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    Boston, MA
    Where we wish all the dunkin' donuts could be replaced by good independent bakeries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Pasteleria Suiza is basically around the corner from the apartment. In fact, I stopped by there this morning instead of Victoria. The two are equally good, but different. Victoria is an Argentinian style bakery so in addition to the sweet stuff they also have meat-filled empanadas (which I haven't tried). I love their croissants filled with dulce de leche. Next to the Swiss bakery there is also a French bakery. But if my memory is correct, I wasn't as impressed with that one.
      Saludos

      Delete