zocalo

zocalo

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Time to Return

It has been a very frustrating month in Mexico, but, after changing my airline reservations twice to extend my stay, I have at long last accomplished everything I needed to do before returning to Ohio.  As I said in the previous post, yesterday we signed the papers, and Alejandro and I are now the owners of the condo which I have been renting since 2017.  My home-away-from-home will be my permanent residence.  After a lot of time spent standing in line on repeated visits to the Mexican immigration office, I am now a legal resident of Mexico.  In two years I will be able to renew my visa to a permanent residency status.   I called Mailboxes Etc. with a few questions that I still had, and I can register for private mail delivery online.  

Tomorrow, I fly back to Ohio.  Then I will have a whole new set of tasks to accomplish.  The most important on my list to sell my house.  I have never sold property before.  I hope that it is an easier, less bureaucratic process than in Mexico.  I hope that the house sells fairly quickly since I don't want to be stuck in Ohio for months on end.  Perhaps I am being overly optimistic, but I would hope that by October I will be purchasing a ONE WAY ticket to Mexico!


2 comments:

  1. Much progress! Happy to read. Buen suerte - Babs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. I am now home and hope next week so begin the process of selling my house.

      Delete