city at night

city at night

Friday, January 17, 2020

Being Sensible

I've written a couple of entries here about the wonderful breakfasts that I have had at nearby restaurants on this trip, but let's face it.  I cannot continue to eat breakfasts like that every morning for the next month.

So when I returned to the apartment on Wednesday, I went to the supermarket to pick up some items.  For the last two days my breakfasts have been more sensible.


I bought a bag of something called "tortitas de maíz".  They are like rice cakes except that they are made of corn.  With a dollop of salsa and some cheese on top they are pretty tasty.  I was going to buy some avocados, but the ones in the supermarket were not ripe, and I didn't feel like walking to the market.  (There the vendor will pick out avocados ready for today or ready for tomorrow.)  Instead I got a bunch of bananas.  The containers of yogurt are really good... and you won't find guava-flavored yogurt back home in Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment