city at night

city at night

Monday, October 9, 2017

Life in the Middle

If there is one drawback to spending almost every other month in Mexico, it is, that during the time that I am back home in Ohio, I spend those weeks playing catch-up on things that need to be done.  Before I know it, it is time to get ready for my return to Mexico.

I returned from my last trip on September 7th, and I will head back on October 18th, just nine days from today.  During the five weeks that I am at home, there were two major tasks that needed to be done.  First, I needed to clear out my garden.  Even though the weather continues to be unusually warm, and there are forecast highs in the seventies even beyond my departure date, the perennials must be chopped down and the beds cleaned out.  I have been spending a couple hours almost every day working outside, and today I finished that chore.  

The other major task was to print my Christmas cards for this year.  Those of you that have been following my blog for awhile know that each year I paint a picture for my Christmas card, scan it to the computer, and then print off my own cards.  The painting was finished prior to my previous trip, but last week I finished the printing.  I take them with me to Mexico, make them out down there, and then when I return home shortly before Thanksgiving, they are ready to be sent out.  

With those two tasks completed, I am now concentrating on getting ready for my departure. My larger carry-on bag is almost packed already.  I don't have to worry about clothes since I keep clothes at the Mexico City apartment.  However the bag will be stuffed. In addition to the Christmas cards and a box of envelopes, there are presents for Alejandro and his family.  His mother will be celebrating her 80th birthday, and I bought a very pretty pair of opal (her birthstone) earrings.  I have some T-shirts from my Ohio hometown for Alejandro, his dad and his sister.  Since I will not be down there for Christmas, I bought a Christmas gift for Alejandro's seven year old nephew.  I got him a couple boxes of Legos.  Also, every year when I go down there at this time, I make the family a batch of fudge.  That is something that is still on my to-do list.


2 comments:

  1. It WOULD be hard to have a month here and a month there. Have you thought of two and two? I WANT fudge......ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but there are things that need to be done at home that make it difficult to stay away for too long. I will however this winter probably be down there for a month and a half.

      Delete