from airplane

from airplane

Monday, February 9, 2015

Dinner at the Top

Alejandro had obtained coupons for us to have dinner on Sunday at Bellini restaurant at Mexico City's World Trade Center, the third tallest building in the city.  I didn't realize that Bellini was the revolving restaurant on the 45th floor.  I didn't bring my camera with me, but fortunately, Alejandro was able to take some pictures with his camera.


(photo taken by Alejandro)





The restaurant, which is supposed to be the largest revolving restaurant in the world, takes an hour and forty five minutes to make a complete revolution.  In spite of the smog (the volcanoes to the east of the city were not visible) the view was quite spectacular.

(photos taken by Alejandro)




Our four course set meal was very good.  I don't know how much Alejandro paid, but he said that if we didn't have coupons, a meal there can easily run $100 U.S. per person.  Even with the view, I'm not sure the meal would be worth the full price, but I am certainly glad that we had a chance go there on my last weekend in Mexico City.

2 comments:

  1. WTC. Interesting. Even though you clearly said WTC, while reading the post I couldn't help but think "Torre Latinoamericana," which has an OK, but not-too-expensive restaurant.

    I'll have to try the WTC one of these days.

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    Boston, MA
    Where we've just written a post describing what you are in for on your return to Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get to the WTC for dinner, check out to see if there are any special offers on "Groupon". I've never used that site before, but Alejandro was able to get a deal on dinner. As I said, the meal was very good, and the view fantastic, but I'm not sure that it's worth $100 US for a meal.
      I've been to the top of the Torre Latinoamericana many times, but I have never eaten at the restaurant there.
      We don't have anywhere near the amount of snow here in Cleveland that you have... maybe around 4 inches.
      Take care.
      Abrazos,
      Bill

      Delete