Our last night in Switzerland I wanted to treat Walter and Helen to dinner as a "thank you" for their wonderful hospitality. And I invited a friend, Niklaus, to join us.
If you are a long-time reader of this blog, you may remember the story of my genealogical research. Back in 2010, I wrote a comment in the guestbook of Othmarsingen's website asking for information about my Swiss ancestors. Niklaus, who at that time was one of the town's councilmen, responded to my query, did some research, and discovered that I had relatives still living in Othmarsingen. It is thanks to him that I made contact with my Swiss cousins and have had so many wonderful experiences in Switzerland with them. Every time that I return to Switzerland, I try to get together with him.
Walter and Helen live in Aarau, and Niklaus still lives in Othmarsingen, so Helen suggested that we meet in Lenzburg which is in between the two towns. She made reservations for us at the garden restaurant of the Hotel Ochsen. We were worried that it might rain that evening. In fact, there were a few drops after we were seated, but the rain never materialized. It was a lovely summer evening, with good food and even better company.
No comments:
Post a Comment