city at night

city at night

Friday, September 30, 2022

Packed Up

In less than two weeks, I leave for Mexico again.  Except for last minute items (mostly my carry-on bags), my suitcases are packed.  Once again, I am taking things down to the condo that I am going to buy next year.  I have two suitcases that will be checked in.  Among the things that I packed are some family photos, an afghan that my mother crocheted for me back when I was in college, some more of my favorite Mexican handicrafts, more books, and, even though I have plenty of clothing at the apartment, more clothes that I want to keep.  This time I am not taking gifts for Alejandro and his family.  Gifts can wait until my January trip for the Day of the Three Kings (Epiphany).  I am, however, taking some more Ohio maple syrup and jams for them.  Fortunately, I have a first-class ticket that I purchased at a reasonable price way back before fuel prices soared.  So, I am allowed checked luggage with no fee, and I am even allowed to check suitcases that weigh more than fifty pounds.

On my last trip, I noticed that my large blue suitcase was starting to come apart at the zipper.  So, I had to buy a new one.  I went to three places looking for a bag as big as my old blue one before I found a similar suitcase.  Unfortunately, this one is black, so it looks like countless other bags coming out on the luggage carousel.  I made a tassel of yarn so that it would be easier to identify.


I have always been a believer in traveling light, but that will not be the case as I start taking stuff down to my future home.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see how organized you are and smart to get the first class ticket! When you find out what it costs to move stuff to Mx. you might decide not to bring furniture and things like that! Congrats on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. I know that moving is going to be pricey, but besides a few pieces of furniture, there are things (like some of my larger paintings) that will not fit in my suitcases.

      Delete