from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

A Healthy Return Home

As always, my weeks in Mexico City have flown by, and tomorrow I shall return home.  

Anyone  flying to the United States, whether they are vaccinated or not, must present proof of a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours of departure in order to board the plane.  

There is a laboratory within walking distance of Alejandro's house, and a week ago we walked over there to see if I needed to schedule an appointment.  I did not.  So yesterday, before breakfast, we went over there.  I checked in at the desk, and I did not have to wait more than five minutes before I was called into a room where a swab stuck up my nostrils.  It hurt a little bit more than when I had the test done back home in Ohio before my trip, but it was no big deal.


Of course, I worried that I might get a "false positive" since the "quick" test is not as accurate.  However, if necessary, we could have gone to a different lab today for another test.   We walked back to Alejandro's house, and had a big Mothers' Day breakfast with the family.  Later that morning, he had some errands to run.  I went with him, and we stopped at the lab to pick up my results.  I was negative.  I will be able to board my flight tomorrow morning.

Although, my long awaited trip has come to an end, I still have plenty to write about, so come back and read more about more final days in Mexico City. 

2 comments:

  1. I the past two days, I have edited or purged some of the more than 400 photos I took on my trip with you in 2019! FINALLY! I think I shall need some re-education from Senor to help me identify some of the photos once I've printed them. You should be home safely by now. Give me a call next week when your head is back in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am back home. Arrived early evening yesterday. I will call you next week.

      Delete