city at night

city at night

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas Card 2017

Those of you who have followed my blog for a while know that each year I create my own Christmas cards.  It is something that I have been doing since I retired in 2004.  Each autumn I paint a small picture, usually based on a photo which I have taken during my travels.  I then scan the painting to my computer, and in October I print off my cards.  Since 2011, I have been traveling to Mexico each November.  I take the cards and a box of envelopes with me, and by the time I return home before Thanksgiving, the cards are all ready to send.  My friends all expect my card to be the first that they receive each season.

By this time everyone has received my card... even my cousins in Europe.  So I shall now unveil the 2017 card here on my blog.


The painting is entitled "Twilight in Tlalpujahua".  Tlalpujahua is a small town in the state of Michoacán which Alejandro and I visited earlier this year.  I took the original photo from a rooftop restaurant where we were having supper.  Not only is Tlalpujahua a beautiful, colonial town, but it is Mexico's number one producer of blown glass Christmas ornaments.  So, it seemed an obvious choice for this year's card.

Best wishes to all of my readers for a very joyous holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment