city at night

city at night

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Water Update


(image from the web)

As I wrote a few days ago in my post "Absolutely Absurd", millions of Mexico City residents and businesses have been going without water since last Friday due to repairs to the main pipeline bringing water into the city from the west.

The apartment where I am staying has "tinacos" (rooftop water basins) and a cistern, and we made it through the weekend with no problems.  Then, yesterday afternoon there was no water... a situation which continued until 5:00 A.M. this morning.  At that time I could hear water filling the pipes.  Around noon, the water went off again, but is now running again.

I have been holding off on taking dirty clothes to the laundry because of this situation.  Today I took a bag of clothes, and fortunately the laundry was open and running.  The very sweet lady who always waits on me there told me that they had very little water on Friday, and that they had to close down altogether on Saturday.  Today they had a good flow of water, and she told me that my clothes would be ready by tomorrow afternoon.  I hope so, because if not, I shall have to go out and buy some extra underwear!

No comments:

Post a Comment