from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

More progress

My landscape painting of the Valley of Mexico is progressing.  The painting is now two thirds complete, and all I have to do is the foreground.


The lake at the foot of the mountains is part of a system of shallow lakes which once covered much of the Valley of Mexico.  I am not 100% sure, but I think the one in this picture would be Lake Chalco, and perhaps in the middle is the town of Chalco, which today is a part of the urban agglomeration of Mexico City.  Perhaps someone would be able to confirm that for me.  (Alejandro, are you reading this?)

5 comments:

  1. I do not know what you mean.
    Do I have face professor of history and geography? Lol.
    But you're right, is the Lake Chalco and currently is a town that you visited and I do not think you've seen a lake. Remember it was a beautiful city-market. Lol.
    Would you give the name of "Magic Town"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think that Chalco will ever win the designation of "Magic Town". lol However, I did see Lake Chalco. Remember when we were returning to D.F. from Tlayacapan? We could see a lake, and you said it was Chalco.

      Delete
  2. I just did a quick look at Google Maps, and the view is looking southeast, I'd agree that it's lake Chalco. As you might know, Chalco is one of the more flood-prone parts of the city, and there has been some discussion of restoring the lake to help control floods.

    By the way, your painting is EXCELLENT! I wish I could paint like that.

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    Boston, MA
    Where the lakes currently have a crust of ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I should finish the painting today.
      Saludos,
      Bill

      Delete