My first day in Ohio was busy seeing some friends and running around taking care of some tasks that I needed to do. There was also some running around that I had not expected.
In the morning I met my Ohio cousin Gail at a local restaurant for breakfast. We had a leisurely meal and caught up on what has been going on in our lives since we saw each other last.
Next came a trip to the pharmacy where I usually go for my COVID and flu shots. Even though I can not use my coverage in Mexico, I still have my Medicare and health insurance. I am still in the pharmacy's system, so I do not have to pay for my shots. After a short wait, I got my two jabs.
Next was a trip to the supermarket to pick up some things that I can't get in Mexico, such as the brands of deodorant and bar soap that I prefer. Next stop was the post office where I bought stamps for the Christmas cards which I had already made out and which I had packed in my suitcase. (No, I am not sending them now.) I also stopped at Office Max to buy greeting card envelopes for future use. They have Office Max in Mexico City, but oddly enough, they do not have the correct size of envelopes to use with my Christmas cards. Whenever I visit Ohio, I always buy a couple of boxes so that I will have them for next year and beyond.
My next task was something I had not planned on. The night before, after I had picked up my rental car, the low tire pressure warning light had come on. In the morning I stopped at the gas station and put some air into the low tire. It was fine for a while but then the warning light came on again. When I was at the post office, I noticed that there was a bolt stuck in the tire. So, I went back to the car rental center near the airport, and they switched me to a different car. It all worked out OK, but it was an annoyance that I had not expected.
Finally, in the early evening, I went out for dinner with my friend Frank. It was not only a chance to socialize with him, but I gave him my bundle of Christmas cards. Around Thanksgiving he will send them out for me.
I accomplished most of what I needed to do. Now I can visit a few more friends in the short time that I am here, and do the main reason for this trip... VOTE!

No comments:
Post a Comment