mexico

mexico

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Nice Looking Curtains

Last month I wrote that we had gone to a fabric shop to order new curtains for the living room since the old ones were looking shabby and torn.  We ordered them on August 8th, and they were supposed to be ready for pickup in 20 to 25 business days... in other words, the first half of September.

Last Thursday, August 27th, I received a message that the curtains were ready.  On Saturday, Alejandro and I took the Metrobus to go to the store.  I was afraid the curtains would be bulky and hard to carry on the bus.  After all, we're talking about full length curtains for a window thirteen feet in width.  However, they were neatly rolled up in a package that fit into a large shopping bag.

When we got home, we moved some furniture and the house plants, got out the step ladder and hung them without difficulty.  We were really happy with the way they look.




 Detail of the fabric

They really brighten up the room, and, even though they have a woven pattern, they seem to let in more light than the old ones.  At the equivalent of about 60 U.S. dollars, they were a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment