Last week I finished work on the painting that I will use for my 2027 Christmas card. Of course, the subject of the painting is a secret until the cards have been received by everyone in December.
Alejandro was able to do a very good scan of the painting on his cell phone, and I put that on a memory stick to take to the printer that has done my cards the last two years. Once I get the cards back, I can begin to make them out. I know it is only August, but I need to have them finished by the time I make a quick trip to Ohio in October to do early voting at the Board of Elections. As before, I will take the cards with me to the U.S., buy stamps at the post office, and give them to a friend to mail around Thanksgiving time.
Looking ahead, I have no plans to travel to Ohio in 2027, so I will have to send my cards through the Mexican Postal System. You may remember that in April I sent out several cards, one to my cousin in England, and three to friends in Ohio, as an experiment. The employee at the post office said that it might take up to eight weeks for the cards to arrive. My English cousin received his card within that time frame, but it took three months for my Ohio friends to receive theirs. That seems to tell me that the U.S. Postal Service is also a part of the problem. I guess next year, the cards will have to go out incredibly early... maybe at the end of August. 😃

No comments:
Post a Comment