flowers

flowers

Monday, December 27, 2021

Looking Down on a Gray Christmas

 Last year, here in northern Ohio, we had, for the first time in several years, a white Christmas.  This year, however, it was a different story.  We had unseasonably mild temperatures, gray skies and a lot of rain.

For Christmas I traveled two hours down the interstate to Columbus and spent the holiday with my sister-in-law Phyllis and her husband Jim.  A few years ago, they moved into a condo in a high-rise.  Their new place only has one bedroom, but I received a very kind offer from a friend of Phyllis.  The friend lives in the same building and was going to be away for the holiday.  She said that I was welcome to stay in her condo.  So I was just a quick elevator ride from Phyllis and Jim during the three days that I spent in Columbus.

In spite of the gray skies and rain, I had a great view of Columbus from her place.

Looking east toward the skyline of downtown Columbus



  

Directly across the street from the condo building is Franklin Park and the Franklin Park Conservatory.  If it had not been for the rain, it would have been a wonderful day for a walk in the park.  On Christmas Day the temperature rose to a balmy 61 degrees Fahrenheit!

The view at night


The day after Christmas was sunny and still mild.  It was a pleasant day for making the drive home to Cleveland.


Whether your Christmas was white, gray or tropical, I hope that you had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment