flowers

flowers

Friday, July 23, 2021

Hanging Garden

I have a number of hanging baskets outside.  Most of them are in the sun, and I always plant the so-called "super-petunias" or calibrachoa (often referred to as "million bells").  I have two baskets however, which are in partial shade. They only get sun in the very late afternoon.  I have tried planting a number of different plants in those, including New Guinea impatiens and tuberous begonias.  They have done OK but have not been spectacular.  This year I planted a variety of flower called "dragon wing begonias".  They really seem to like the spot and have filled the baskets completely.


In the future I now know exactly what to buy for those two baskets!

2 comments:

  1. What are the baskets made of? Look nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tino.
      The framework is made of metal. Inside there is a plastic liner with holes for drainage, and the outside of the liner is covered with moss.

      Delete