from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Looking a Lot Like Christmas

I live in the Cleveland suburb of Olmsted Falls, but just down the street from me is the border of the neighboring town of Berea.  I consider myself a resident of Berea as much as Olmsted Falls.  My parents and grandparents lived in Berea, I do most of my shopping in Berea, and I graduated from Berea High School and from Baldwin Wallace College which is in Berea.

Being a college town and a place with a long history, Berea has a much different atmosphere than the typical "cookie cutter" suburb.  Unfortunately, back in the 1970s when "urban renewal" was the big thing, much of its old downtown was torn down for newer buildings.  But instead of a "town square", Berea still has the distinctive "Triangle" that it has had since the 1800s.

During the Christmas season, the "Triangle" is always nicely decorated with lights.  Last night I drove over there to take a few pictures.






2 comments:

  1. Wow! Snow already! In Boston we almost never get snow before the New Year. Is that the case in Berea? It seems like the weather this year is kind of crazy overall.

    Stay warm!

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    Redding, CA
    Where the weather's fine, but the fires suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all unusual. This is just a dusting. I can remember from my teaching days having "snow days" a couple times between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

      Delete