city at night

city at night

Saturday, December 6, 2014

¡Feliz Navidad!

As I have mentioned before, each year I do a small painting which I scan to the computer and then print off as a Christmas card.  My cards are usually based on a photo that I took during my travels in the course of the year.

This year's card is taken from my visit to France.  I chose a street scene that I snapped while wandering through the village of Giverny, famous as the home of the Impressionist painter Claude Monet.  I changed it into a winter scene, and, voilà, I had my Christmas card.

 

My friends have come to expect my card to be the first that they receive.  I always send them right after Thanksgiving.  The last several years I have been spending a couple weeks in Mexico in November.  So I print the cards in October and take them with me to Mexico.  While I am there I spend an hour each day making out my cards, and by the time I return home they are finished. 

I hope that all my readers have a very joyous holiday season, and that the new year of 2015 is filled with happiness!


 
¡Feliz Navidad!

4 comments:

  1. I feel blessed to be considered a friend and to receive a card this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I feel very fortunate to have met some wonderful people (including you) through my blog!

      Delete
  2. Feliz Navidad amigo. Saludos an cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete